Monday, February 23, 2009

Older News

It was all a few weeks ago by now but I thought I'd do a post about John and I celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary which is the day after Valentine's Day. We usually just combine the two. John surprised me with sending Eddie off to his parent's house for the night. This was our first night away from him!! I was a little nervous at the beginning but I grew more comfortable as the evening went on. We had a great time. We decided to do some activities that most other people wouldn't be doing so we could avoid the crowds. We went to the driving range and hit a couple buckets of balls...something I really enjoy doing when I get the chance. From their I picked our dining spot which was "Mustard's Last Stand" a cute little hotdog stand in town with outdoor seating. We were one of the few patrons and the weather was great so we just sat and enjoyed each other's company. We then proceeded to the beach for a bit and split a big snowcone. The beach was packed at 7pm but it was still beautiful watching the waves and the big pink clouds above. Afterwards we rented a movie and came back home to our childless house. It was great to be able to sleep in until 10am and then go out for breakfast before picking Eddie up. It was a much needed time together and a confidence booster for me. Eddie did awesome at their house and don't even think he knew we were gone. He swam, fed the ducks, went for walks and played & played! Here are a few pictures of our date.



6 comments:

This IS our life! said...

YAY for going against the norm! I like it! Plus, aren't those the more romantic times when doing stuff the two of you really enjoy??

T said...

Having time together is so important and will only get more difficult the more kids you have...you look great by the way! How are you feeling?

Reinhold's said...

I think I still look pretty sick but thanks for the compliment anyway. I'm still a little sick but getting better...I think.

T said...

Hang in there! Are you on any meds to ease the sickness? I have a friend who is an OBGYN and she herself takes meds to get through the first trimester...she has a difficult time as well...
How many weeks are you? Are you able to sleep at all during the day?

Reinhold's said...

Not on any meds but I've heard about some...just trying to tough it out. If it were much worse I think I'd look into that more. I'm almost 14 weeks. I do try and nap when Eddie naps so that is a good thing & John helps alot on the weekends so I get to rest more then. Any progress on the adoption you all are considering?

T said...

Hopefully you will be over all the sickness very soon! I think I finally felt better at 17 weeks...I'll pray for you!! We are adopting and the process has begun! Lots of paperwork,but things are going really well. We are trying to stay calm and not get anxious...I'll be starting an adoption blog soon to keep everyone updated.
Hang in there! I wish I lived closer so I could help you out!