
Over the past 2 weeks Eddie has started crawling! He doesn't quite get it up on his hands and knees but more military or "soldier man" style as I call it, pulling with his forearms and scooting on his belly. When I first put him down he is up on his hands and knees and he does this rocking motion forward and back like he's revving up his engine getting ready to peel out, then BAM! he's flat on his belly. He's adapted his crawl so he can move around very quickly. I have to keep an eye on him as I haven't baby-proofed every detail yet, which I have to say is a learning process. Things like the trash can (can you bolt them to the ground?) and it's amazing how he instinctively goes right for the things that are MOST dangerous, like plastic bags & power cords and wants to try and chew on them! His crawling skills have been very helpful for him to chase John's brother's dog around the house this week (we're dog sitting for Yahtzee). Yahtzee has been a real sport and such a sweet dog to Eddie.

We picked Yahtzee up when I gave John a surprise visit this past weekend over to his brother's home in Orlando. John is turning 30 this week and it had been too long since we last visited with them so I arranged for the visit. I blind folded John for the hour and a half car ride (which made him motion sick). It was way more fun for me than him with the anticipation of the surprise. The family was waiting with decorations and a little party for him. We had a fun time. John got to play his nephews Wii for the first time and we pulled out all of their toys in the garage and it felt as if we were at the circus...stilts, this weird skateboard with 2 wheels, a pet squirrel that will run up your leg to get a nut, etc. It was alot of fun (kinda like being a kid again).
(John riding the crazy skateboard)
(John feeding the squirrel)
(Eddie zonked after the eventful weekend!)
1 comment:
Awe, i cant believe how fast he's growing!
What a great wife: such a fun surprise, even if he did get a little car sick, it was totally worth it!
Douglas and I love to play Wii. Its the one video games we play together!
Douglas has the wave board - its really hard. I gave up on it but its fun too!
Im so glad you had such a great time!
Happy Birthday John!!!!!!
Post a Comment