Roller skating for me was the hi-light. I hadn't done it in years but way back when I used to skate every weekend for several hours on end. It was one of my favorite things to do! I felt quite rusty out there at first but after a couple loops around I was rarin' to go. I even participated in the "ladies" race in which I took first place! I won my boys a slushie. Eddie attempted to skate with John and I but was frustrated more than anything. he did okay on the carpet but once he was out on the wood rink he was all over. We'll have to keep trying because I enjoyed myself so much.
Our next event for the month is a family vacation up to NY state on Lake Ontario. Something we enjoy doing annually. This year is unique because we will have 12 grandkids, 10 adults (John's immediate family) joining us! it will be an adventure to say the least but should be lots of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment