Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All The Latest

Taking a step back a few weeks, while Eddie & I traveled up to Indiana to visit family John made a long to-do list (with a couple of things added by me)and for those of you who know John know that he was able to check off the majority of things on that list. The biggest of those tasks was renting a tow-boom to trim all of our 60 trees and as if that wasn't enough he also trimmed much of 3 of our neighbors yards. He estimated the amount of work he did in our yard to be over $1000 and the work he did for neighbors,w/ the rental of the equipment ended up paying for itself plus making a little cash. He was also able to finish up the painting details in Eddie's room, paint the shed we recently acquired, reorganize my kitchen cabinets, paint some new furniture we bought for our living room, etc.!!! He's amazing and I seriously don't know where he gets his energy.
Since we've been home we've still been busy, busy but trying to have some fun in between. I'm near completion of Eddie's room and the babies room including closets, drawers, etc. I'm really happy with how they've come out and as promised before I will post once I completely finish.
I remember making a checklist a month or two ago with things I wanted to complete before our new little one comes. I've been able to check off a few of those items such as, trasitioning Eddie into his "big boy" bed which I have to say I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!! He doesn't try to get out of bed until we come in to get him and it's just been so easy...don't know why I waited so long. I've been taking him swimming regularly which was one thing on my to-do list. He's getting the hang of things but still needs a hand to support him in the water. He can put his face in/ blow bubbles, go under briefly without swollowing the water, kick his feet and use his arms to get where he wants to go. He's yet to be potty trained and is still attached to his "paci", however,not quite as much.
This past week I celebrated my 31st birthday which was low key and rather relaxing which I'm enjoying these days. Only 7 weeks to go until we get to meet our 2nd little guy, William Von Reinhold..."Will". The more I check off of my list the more I feel anxious to meet him and welcome him to our little family. We'll keep you posted on the progress there.
This weekend we leave for a final vacation before the summer's end. We head to NY for a relaxing visit w/ John's parents.
For this post I'll add a couple of before and after pictures of the shed that John labored so hard on...quite the transformation, I'd say.

No comments: