Two years ago on Christmas morning I decided to take a pregnancy test and discovered that I was pregnant with our first baby, Eddie! This year a few days after Christmas I took another test and it confirmed that I was in fact pregnant with our
2nd baby! I believe I'm currently around 7 weeks along. So, we are expecting to welcome our next little one around the end of August 09! Eddie and this one will be almost exactly 2 years apart. John & I are thrilled about the news but I unlike he, have a few reservations about it all. I wasn't ready to have the morning (or should call it all day) sickness again & I'm not ready to put on all the weight again, not ready to go through the pains of labor again and possibly have another very large baby, but these are only my selfish desires. I know in the end I will be very thankful that we pressed forward and took the plunge and the final result will be a great new addition to our little family.
I did learn a few things from the first time around and some of those things being...I'M NOT ATTEMPTING TO GO ALL NATURAL! The 40 hours of natural child birth classes was a total waste of time for me. If they anticipate this one being even somewhat close to the 10.3 pounder Eddie was I'm signing the dotted line for a
c-section and not beating around the bush and trying to push for 3 hours with no results! (You never would have heard me say that in round 1) I'm in the process of getting a new Dr. because I refuse to see the rude, inconsiderate jerk that I saw the first time around. You can say a few prayers for me that I will pick the right doctor and that my morning sickness will pass soon. The last time around it subsided around the end of the first trimester.
4 comments:
Congratulations! We're super excited for you guys. We'll be in FL Feb 19- march 4 hopefully we can see you guys and introduce Eli to Eddie :)
Your in our prayers and thoughts,
James, Korwren and Eli
Katie, congratulations!!! I'm right there with you as far as all the things you are going to do this time around...it is YOUR body and YOUR baby! It is a MUST that you have a doctor that you can trust and like - I will be praying that you find the perfect one! Hang in there with the morning sickness!! I totally feel your pain! I was very sick the last two pregnancies...I tried EVERYTHING, sea bands, herbs, teas, drugs, you name it!
My prayers are with you!
T
OMG!!! Im sooo excited for you.. CONGRATULATIONS>
We will def be praying for you, John and Big brother... and for you doctor.
XOXO
Yea! Congrats! That's so exciting.
Post a Comment