At nearly 9 months old Eddie has been going through so many changes throughout the past few weeks. With nearly 6 teeth (3 are popping through now) there has been quite a bit of crankiness in our house but with lots of giggles in between. He is developing quite the personality. He loves to smile to show off his teeth and he's created his own personal smile making a very cheesy face with and exaggerated smile and squinty eyes. He is beginning to pull himself up on anything and everything he can. I think he prefers to stand over sit. 2 weeks ago I realized he could stand up when I went into his room after a nap and he was standing there waiting on me! At nearly 29" long he was too tall for my comfort with the standing in the crib. It was time to lower his mattress. He likes to sit and crawl under chairs & usually can't figure out how to get untrapped from the corner of the room where one of our rockers sits. I went to the rescue the other day and as I was walking backwards out of the pickle I had just saved him from I went tumbling over his toys that were on the floor with him in my arms. We fell to the floor but we survived. I had a few bruises but Eddie was a-okay.
He crawls around like mad and is very quick. He likes to go into our spare bathroom and play with the toilet paper (we've had to keep the door closed now). It's amazing how he has all of these cute toys, yet prefers to play with common household objects. The other day I had our lazy susan open in the kitchen and he grabbed ahold of a bottle of liquid anise that was located on the bottom shelf. The lid stayed on but after sucking on the top for a moment he smelled like licorice for the rest of the afternoon. In one of the pictures here he is climbing over these little stools we have. It's one of his favorite activities. Maybe he'll enjoy rock climbing like his da-da someday. He's really strong & I think he's very smart (I'm not biased at all). So, here are a few pictures of him in action lately.
3 comments:
Yep, your days of sitting and relaxing are over! (Welcome to the go everywhere get into everything phase-I'm right there with you) :)
I cant believe how fast hes growing up. Its so amazing.. =)
He's so cute. I just want to give me a big hug!
Post a Comment