John can always tell when it's been a particularly rough day for me in the life of Mommyhood if he comes home and there are a plate of cookies on the counter. Or maybe I should say a half plate of cookies because by the time he's gotten home I've already had my share (not good for getting off the last few lbs. of baby weight). When a jog or walk just doesn't cut it, cookies seem to relieve my stress.
This past week has been challenging because Eddie has been cutting his first 2 teeth...yes, I said 2! There is no easing into this for us, just when I thought the first one was through I noticed there was another right there too. No wonder it seemed as if he wanted to crawl out of his skin. On top of the teeth cutting I'm back to work for awhile, from home that is but it's still an adjustment. There is a sitter coming to the house to watch Eddie a few hours a day. It's been a huge blessing that he's taken to her very quickly. As I've said before, he loves anyone who pays him the attention and that she must. Not to mention she is a cute little one so he has a girlfriend already!
This past week has been challenging because Eddie has been cutting his first 2 teeth...yes, I said 2! There is no easing into this for us, just when I thought the first one was through I noticed there was another right there too. No wonder it seemed as if he wanted to crawl out of his skin. On top of the teeth cutting I'm back to work for awhile, from home that is but it's still an adjustment. There is a sitter coming to the house to watch Eddie a few hours a day. It's been a huge blessing that he's taken to her very quickly. As I've said before, he loves anyone who pays him the attention and that she must. Not to mention she is a cute little one so he has a girlfriend already!
3 comments:
I totally understand! Baking (and eating the bake goods) is a huge stress reliever for me too.
Your cookies look yummy, I think I need to make some myself. I feel the need for cookies but I usually end up eating the batter and have like three cookies to bake. LOL
Today is my first chance to view Eddie's blog. I love it! We had so much fun meeting him in Florida while visiting Bev and so much fun seeing you and John. Thanks for the massage lessons and congrats on the 2 new teeth! About the cookie thing ... you have discovered one of my own personal motherhood survival techniques!
Post a Comment